Dentista Dental Clinic is a contractual partner of the Estonian Health Insurance Fund in the dental care of children up to 19 years of age. The dental compensation for adults is €40 per year, with the patient paying at least 50% of the bill.
CHILDREN'S DENTAL CARE
- Dental care is free for insured children and young people under the age of 19.
DENTAL CARE COMPENSATION FOR ADULTS
- The dental care compensation for adults is €40 per year, with the patient paying at least 50% of the bill.
- Pregnant women and mothers of children under one year of age receive dental care compensation of up to €85 per year, with the patient paying at least 15% of the medical bill.
- Old-age and incapacitated pensioners, people with partial or total incapacity for work and the elderly over the age of 63 receive dental care compensation of €85 per year, with the patient paying at least 15% of the treatment bill.
- Dental care compensation is paid to insured adults, people with partial or total incapacity for work, insured persons over the age of 63, pregnant women, mothers of children under one year of age and people with an increased need for dental care.
Dental care compensation applies to essential dental services.
The dental care services for adults financed by the EHIF are as follows
- primary or recurrent dental appointment
- diagnostics (incl. X-rays)
- drug placement and temporary filling
- installation of permanent filling; tooth extraction
- opening and treating abscesses
- root canal treatment
- surgical removal of tartar under the gums
DENTAL PROSTHESES’ COMPENSATION
- The Estonian Health Insurance Fund reimburses €260 for the cost of dental prostheses once every three years for incapacitated pensioners and old-age pensioners who are 63 years of age or older.
Pensioners who receive a pension on preferential terms under the Old-Age Pensions Act or the Retirement Pensions Act are not entitled to compensations. The right for compensation then arises when you reach the age of 63.
More information on dental compensation on the EHIF website at www.haigekassa.ee